How to prepare?
- Your baby or child must have attended a swimming program that uses a submersion method, or have been taken swimming regularly. This is so that they are comfortable underwater.
- Babies are now able to go swimming from birth, the NHS no longer has any age restrictions.
- Try to feed babies 1-2 hours before the shoot. You may also find your baby is particularly hungry afterwards, as being a beautiful little model for us requires energy!
- Please arrive with plenty of time to get ready before the shoot, e.g. 15 mins or so before.
What to expect?
- We like to make every shoot a calm and happy occasion and it is important to us that the children enjoy the experience.
- The shoot will last for around 30 minutes and we recommend that no more than 5 children attend. This is so that your baby will have enough time with Ella and allow her to get lovely images.
- Babies have a rest in between every few shots to ensure lots of smiles!
- We understand that sometimes it might not be a good day for the child and if this is the case, we can stop shooting and rearrange for another day.
- We can include parents in the pictures if you would like a family shot.
- We can provide various children’s outfits if needed, or feel free to bring your own.
- We aim to get min 10-12 photos of each child.
- You will be able to view the pictures online in our private gallery.
- You can then choose your favourite images from the day and decide which ones you would like to purchase.
- At this stage, just in case, the arms of a baby handler are still visible on the images, don’t worry they will be completely retouched before your pictures are printed.
Choosing Photo sizes
Once you have chosen your photos you can pick from a range of styles and sizes to have them printed, here are some examples:
- Photographic prints in sizes: 5×7, 6×9, 8×12, 12×18.
- Canvas wrap prints: 12×18, 16×24, 20×30.
- Padded prints (A padded, tactile and durable laminated print with discreet hanging system): 16×20, 20×24, 20×30.
- You can buy single digital files directly from the website.
- Or if you want to buy all of your original files at a special discounted price contact Ella.
Note: Refections, bubbles, hair and fabric movement are what makes underwater photography special, so we tend not to retouch them.